What is a responsive website?
It is important to understand the terminology when dealing with technology, in this case a responsive website responds to the screen size and makes the content easy to consume. Think about the sites that make you zoom in desperately to read them on your phone. Those ARE NOT responsive sites.
As Wikipedia puts it:
Responsive Web design (RWD) is a Web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors). — Read More On Wiki
In Real Estate Marketing this is particularly important for two reasons:
- Your clients and prospective clients are likely to find you on their mobile device first, and having a website that works on a mobile device becomes more important everyday for that reason.
- You are not going to maintain two websites, one for computers and one for mobile phones
You don’t have to take my word for it, in the real estate world the momentum is undeniable, just read the headlines:
- RealtyTech to roll out responsive design property search widgets
- BuildersUpdate.com relaunches with ‘device agnostic’ responsive design
- Homes.com offers responsive design website platform for agents
- Cartavi now available as responsive Web app
Ok you get it, this is where we are headed, so why haven’t you made the switch? Its complicated, its work, its not what you do for a living. I get it, there is always something else to do. This is important, this is more important today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.
When you are ready to talk about creating a responsive website presence online, I am here to discuss what you need to make it happen.
So that was fast, but in reality you should either plan on converting soon yourself, or you should find someone to help you do it.
[contact-form subject=’Responsive response’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][/contact-form]