Here are some quick hit tweaks to your online presence that will get you found:
- Info people want should be front and center: Menu – Hours – Address – Phone Number. All on mobile ready pages. Get it done.
- Check your info on the big referrers, Google Local, Yelp, etc I recently found one of my places had a wrong phone number on Yelp.
- Think like a customer when you write blog posts, what are they looking for when they search? “Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Malden”
- Photos have been shown to drive trafic and are particularly powerful with Food. Always Use them.
- Talk about why you love what you do, not how cheap you are willing to sell it.
- Make sure your brand has a message and stick to it, don’t try to be everything to everyone. Be your brand.
- Respond to customer requests and issues, make them right, let them and others see you are responsive.
- Monitor your reviews for fake competitor driven ones, Yelp is particularly bad for this.
- Share whats new on a regular basis, don’t put a hard sell on it, just share it.
- Remember that you are not just selling food, you are selling a social experience and/or a service just as much.
You can get a lot of bang for your online marketing buck (and time) if you use these tweaks to adjust what you already do. It doesn’t all have to be technical and complicated, its still human interaction.